’73 Questions’ is a feature in Vogue magazine, where they ask the biggest celebrities 73 quick-fire questions. However it has recently been doing the rounds within the blogging community and is a great way to learn the little things about the people behind the blog. I was nominated by the brilliant Kirsty at Love Popcorn – go check out her blog here
So, here are my questions and answers!
1. What’s your usual Starbucks order? Don’t have one, I really don’t like hot drinks, coffee, tea, hot chocolate – I’m a soft drinks girl all the way!
2. What does your workstation look like? It strongly resembles a black coffee table from IKEA – because it is one! I’d love to have a dedicated area to do my blog work…maybe one day! A blogger can dream!
3. Favourite food? Curry – no particular type, I love them all…homemade, Indian, Chinese, Thai…if it’s curry, I’ll eat it!
4. Favourite author? You’re joking right? How am I supposed to pick?? I’ll say Jodi Picoult but I have so many others!
5. What do you think of open relationships? Whatever floats your boat…wouldn’t be for me, but it works for some people!
6. What is your favourite video game? The only game I’ve ever really played is The Sims so I’ll have to say that, but I don’t think it really counts…vlarrrb.
7. Guilty pleasure treat? I don’t believe in guilty pleasures…if it brings you joy or pleasure, you shouldn’t feel guilty about it!
8. Favourite movie? Again, soooo many…Cruel Intentions, Almost Famous, The Princess Bride…so many that I can’t even think of!
9. Favourite book? Nope, not even going to begin to try and narrow this down. I mean, Pride & Prejudice over all, but there are so many.
10. Twitter or Instagram? Twitter.
11. Desktop or laptop? I use a laptop but I would like to have a desktop – they’re much more comfortable to use.
12. Best advice you’ve ever received? Not really advice, more a mantra for life and it’s ‘This too shall pass’. I live my life by this – it doesn’t matter how terrible something may seem, it will pass, and it will end and you will survive it. It’s gotten me through a lot.
13. What project are you working on right now? I have a few blog posts to work on, and books to read!
14. Favourite colour? Deep red – like almost burgundy.
15. Did you get good grades in school? Ehh fair to midling really – I could have done really well but by the the time I was in my final years, I was really finding school stressful and miserable, and I had no motivation to apply myself. Looking back, I wish I’d just stuck my head in my books and done better.
16. Dream job? I’d love to open a bookshare bakery cafe – somewhere for bookworms to come, bring a book and take a book, or just sit and read and eat some cake and relax, and meet fellow bookworms…or I’d like to be a librarian.
17. Play any sports? Nope, I’m not a sporty person at all.
18. Do you have a degree? No, I don’t.
19. Nationality? Irish.
20. What’s your favourite kind of blog post? I do love a good tag, like this one, where you get to know the person behind the blog!
21. What do you like to collect? I don’t really collect anything to be honest! Unless books count!
22. Describe yourself in three words? Bookish, sarcastic, kind.
23. If you were a rapper, what would your stage name be? L’il Pug.
24. Who is the last person you DM’d? My mam, asking her for a lend of money for so I could buy a burrito bowl from Deliveroo – winning at life, clearly!
25. What’s on top of your wish list right now? A lottery win so I can buy a house!
26. Sorting House? Like Harry Potter? I mean, I obviously want to say Gryffindor, but more than likely Hufflepuff.
27. How many tattoos do you have? Five…which has just lead to a lot of confusion because I thought I had six!
28. What are you most grateful for this year? The roof over my head – it’s something that can’t be taken for granted in Dublin anymore.
29. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this month? I had a nice trip to a comedy festival with my boyfriend, which was full of laughs. Also, a bad situation actually led to me having more spare money, and since it’s both my boyfriend AND my mother’s birthday in the next few weeks, I can now afford to get them the presents they want and not be too stressed about affording them.
30. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you today? I came home from a long day in work, where it was absolutely roasting all day due to a heatwave, and my boyfriend had set up a fan in the bedroom. I could have cried with gratitude.
31. What’s the best thing ever? Headrubs! And when my dad sends me pictures of my baby siblings having fun and growing up.
32. Favourite season? Autumn.
33. Favourite holiday? I’m one of those strange people who doesn’t like christmas that much…I enjoy giving gifts, but I tend to get quite sad around christmas. I’m not religious either so Easter doesn’t mean much to me. I quite like Halloween because I am a massive child and I love having an excuse to dress up…so I suppose Halloween?
34. What fictional character do you relate to the most? I’m not sure – what character is in her 30’s, with a dead-end job, too much junk in the trunk, who can’t afford a mortgage for a house, who doesn’t really like people that much but has a wicked sense of humour and a serious love affair with her bed? If you know one, then that’s me haha!
35. Do you like surprises? No, my anxiety can’t handle surprises, I need to be in the loop at all times!
36. What is the best surprise you’ve ever had? When my dad told me I was finally going to be a big sister, when I was 26 – and then again at 29!
37. Which surprise made you cry? Most recently, when my mam told me that my pet tortoise had died – I didn’t think I was sentimental but I cried for a full day.
38. What’s the best surprise you’ve given someone else? This is a tough one – I’m terrible at keeping secrets! Maybe the birthday present I got my boyfriend for his thirtieth birthday – I bought some of his favourite things, and got his favourite snacks shipped from America because they can’t be bought here – it doesn’t seem like much but he was really touched by the thought and the effort.
39. Do you like muffins? Mmmm..muffins…
40. Do you cook often? Once or twice a week? My boyfriend tends to do most of the cooking.
41. What is your favourite dessert? Anything lemon flavoured…lemon cake is my favourite!
42. Is there a dessert you don’t like? Trifle, jelly, custard, and anything with fresh cream.
43. Cake or pie? Cake, every time.
44. What’s your least favourite food? Vegetables – because I am a massive child!
45. What’s your favourite condiment? This quiz is getting oddly specific now! Does garlic sauce count as a condiment?
46. It’s 4am on a random Saturday. What are you eating? Nothing. I am, without question, asleep somewhere. Presumably my bed, I don’t just tend to sleep in random places!
47. If you could teach a college class, what would it be called? Crying, and other ways to get yourself out of an argument.
48. Best animated film? The Lion King. I dare you to disagree.
49. What has a guy done or said to impress you? When I started going out with my boyfriend, he told me that he doesn’t play games and to say what I meant. It was so different to any other guy I’d previously gone out with, and it was the exact right thing to say to me.
50. Best thing to do on a first date? Lower your expectations. First dates are crap – both people are super nervous, they’re trying to play it cool and they don’t show themselves how they really are – which is why I always say to go on at least a second date to really see how someone is (unless they’re a complete oddball or you feel threatened by them…in which case, run and don’t look back!)
51. Worst thing to do on a first date? Try too hard – be yourself, be natural, and try to enjoy it.
52. What’s the best pickup line? No pickup line is the best pickup line. ‘Hey, how are you?’ is just fine thanks!
53. Best comic book character? I don’t read comics, so I can’t answer that!
54. Name one thing that can always be found in your purse? Perfume, bus tickets and usually at least one pair of earrings – I always end up taking them off during a night out because they annoy me.
55. Favourite drink? Rock-shandy. It seems lots of people don’t know what that is, so for those who don’t, it’s Club Lemon, and Club Orange, mixed together..it is divine.
56. If you could play a historical character in a movie, who would it be? Oh there are so many! I’m going to be political and say Countess Markievicz.
57. Kittens or puppies? Both, and lots of them please!
58. Favourite sushi roll? The kind that is far, far away from me.
59. What lipstick do you use? My favourite is Backtalk, by Urban Decay.
60. What foundation do you use? It depends on the occasion!
61. Blow dry or air dry? Blow dry, my hair would be a big ball of damp fluff if I didn’t!
62. Who is your fashion icon? I’m not a big fashion follower, so I don’t have one.
63. Favourite Disney character? Mufasa or Pocahontas…
64. What are you doing tomorrow? Working, 2pm to 10pm. Ick.
65. Movie you laughed the hardest through? I’m drawing a blank!
66. Movie that made you cry? Everything makes me cry…I think A Star Is Born is the last one to make me really lose it. I cried watching Avengers : Endgame too and had to sort my face out really quickly so I wouldn’t give anything away to the people waiting to come into the cinema screen after us!
67. If you could sing a duet with anyone, who would it be? Garth Brooks, no question. The man is a legend.
68. If your life was a song, what would the title be? She’s cryin’ again..
69. What’s your favourite animal? Elephants..they’re such amazing creatures!
70. Favourite illustrator? I have no idea.
71. Person you’d like to have coffee with? That’s a tough one! I’m gonna say Tom Hanks…I know, completely out of left field! But I just think he seems like such a lovely man, and I bet he has some stories to tell!
72. What country would you like to visit? I’d love to visit South America, Egypt, and I’d love to see the Antarctic.
73. Best way to decompress? Home, shoes off, pyjamas on, and flake on the couch with my book.
Well, those are my answers! This was a fun tag to do! I’m not going to tag anyone specific, but feel free to do the tag, and enjoy!